This is not the boxed mac and cheese you grew up with. This lobster mac and cheese is a sophisticated twist to comfort food that takes it to a whole new level. Full of rich lobster and ultra creamy macaroni with three types of cheese, all baked together to perfection.
• 6 small fresh lobster tails (11/2 pounds total)
• 8 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
• 3 cloves sliced garlic
• 21/2 cups water
• 4 cups milk
• 1 pound uncooked pasta (such as cavatappi or campanelle)
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 3/4 cup panko
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
There are several different variations when cooking lobster. If you love to grill, this method is for you!
• Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
• Butterfly the tail by cutting down the center.
• Add lobster tails to your grill and cook evenly on each side.
• Boil uncooked pasta.
• Heat oven to 400 degrees.
• Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add flour and stir until thickened.
• Slowly whisk in milk. The slower you add the milk the thicker the sauce will be.
• Stir in 3 cups of cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese into the sauce. Reserve 1 cups cheddar and 1/2 cup parmesan for the top.
• Add salt and pepper.• Stir together the cooked pasta, lobster and the sauce and transfer to a cast iron baking dish.
• Sprinkle with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake until golden and bubbling (20-25 minutes).
by Nathan Glass September 13, 2022 4 min readRead More